Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 IBJJF Pro League

Saturday night we were treated to our first IBJJF Pro League event.  While this isn't the Mundials or Pan it is a big deal for a couple reasons.  Finally these world class black belts are getting paid  to compete and we as viewers are able to watch the event for FREE!!!!  I managed to catch most of the event which was run very smoothly and the commentators did a very good job of describing the action.  The event ran with two mats until the finals at which point they only ran one match at a time.  I've found three of the finals matches and posted them here for those that missed out on the event.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I will add more as I run across them.  

Update:  IBJJF uploaded their higher quality videos so I am passing them along here.



Probably one of the coolest things that happened in this event was the performance of Tanner Rice.  Rice is 19 and recently received his black belt from Cobrinha about 2 months ago.  He defeated Megaton earlier that day by kimura and went on to have a great match Tanquinho in the 1st round of the Pro.  I think it's safe to say we can expect BIG things from Tanner Rice on the competition circuit.  Unfortunately he had to withdraw after this match due to injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment