Friday, August 22, 2014

Sneaky Wrist Lock Attack from Otavio Sousa


Lately it seems like wrist locks are becoming a more popular trend in Jiu-Jitsu competitions.  I have also taken a liking to them.  Why not?!  They can end a match quickly and are often overlooked by most grapplers.  I find myself looking for them more often these days while training at my own gym.  I stumbled on this particularly nice wrist lock set up as shown by Gracie Barra elite competitor Otavio Sousa.  The set up is based on having your opponents back and is a response to them defending in a particular way.  Check it out and as always, go slow on them with your training partners!


You can see Otavio Sousa compete soon in the 3rd edition of the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo October 18, 2014.  http://www.worldjiujitsuexpo.com/third-edition-of-the-ibjjf-pro-league/

No comments:

Post a Comment